Laguna Lodge is a rain forest ecotourism lodge, a leader among this tropical country’s hotels and resorts with an extra touch in style, comfort and personalized service. It lies along Costa Rica’s northern Caribbean Zone, an exclusive location on a narrow strip of land between the sea on one side and the Tortuguero-Lagoon on the other.
Laguna Lodge offers one or two or three day packages that include transportation, meals, naturalist guides, tours to the Tortuguero National Park canals, the village of Tortuguero, the Turtle Museum of the Caribbean Conservation Corporation. Additional activities include fishing trips for Tarpon, Snook, among other species. Kayaking is available so you can explore some of the canals on your own if you have a chance.
The Lodge offers 80 standard rooms with views to the gardens and forest that surrounds us. The rooms offer private bathroom, hot water, ceiling fan, reading lamps, wooden bench outside your room to sit and admire the gardens.
Our open air restaurant is located in front of the Tortuguero lagoon, providing beautiful views of the forests nearby, you will also admire the boats of local people passing by to the local village. Meals are served buffet style with a variety of fresh tropical fruits and vegetables. Coffee, tea, and cookies are available 24 hours a day at the restaurant. The decoration of our restaurant and bars include woods that have been collected at our beach area and treated in our workshop.
Facilities and services:
- Open air restaurant.
- 2 bars, one located over the lagoon and another one next to the swimming pool area. All of them decorated with woods from the beach.
Swimming pool with hydro-massage waterfall and a small islet.
- Huts with hammocks to take a nap, read a book or simply relax.
- Fifteen acres full of trees and exotic plants.
- Open butterfly garden with local plants that attract local species.
- Private trails ideal for bird watching.
- Access to the beach.
- A Gaudi style building with a small conference room, reception and souvenir shop.
- Covered boats to transport our guests from the boarding port and open boats that we use to tour the canals. All boats are equipped with life jackets and rain ponchos for your safety and comfort.