ADVENTURE OPTIONS IN THE RINCóN DE LA VIEJA AREA
1. Rio Negro Tubing Adventure: After a 45 minute horseback ride through the dry forest, we get to the changing rooms, where we can get ready to go tubing. After a short walk, we get to the base of La Victoria Waterfall, to receive a short safety breafing. Then each one gets his own personal round raft, to get his adrenalin pumping as he rides the white water rapids in the Rio Negro, for an hour and a half. Then we go to the changing rooms and get the horses to go back to the lodge.
2. The Canyon Canopy Tour: Tour is a must do. We say this is the best canopy tour in Costa Rica, because we pack together in it, many more things than just the zip lines. Imagine yourself doing Rappeling, Rock Climbing, Canopy, Tarzan Swings, Via Ferrata, Hanging Bridges, all set in the majestic canyon made by the erosion of the Blanco River during millions of years.
3. Waterfalls Canyoning Tour: Sort out the challenges of a small river, like waterfalls, ponds and step walls, descending with ropes in this Canyoneering tour!
4. Horseback riding: Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin is famous for its horseback riding tours. Our huge ranch allows us to use scenic trails instead of taking you on paved roads. You can see a lot of things during a normal trip. We have trips that last from one hour with really easy going horses, for the begginers, to big trips all day long for the more adventurers. Some people even come here to enjoy three consecutive days of horseback riding, visiting different places of the hacienda. And they come back!!!
5. Mountain Bike: Enjoy a beautiful ride on single track, good for all levels which takes you through pasture land, gmelina and spiny cedar tree plantations, pristine jungle and different waterfalls to admire and swim. Groups from 10 up to 30 people. Different locations. Reserve with several days in advance.
6. The tip of the crater: A trail with a diversity of life zones. The hike up takes 3.5 hours. The view is astonishing. On clear days you can see the Caribbean Sea, the Nicaragua Lake and, of course, the Pacific Ocean. Also close to the summit are Jilgueros Lagoon and the highest point, the Von Seebach.
The most important attractions at the National Park are Las Pailas, followed by La Cangreja and then the volcano summit. It is the number one place in Guanacaste. Currently, the access road is good for any type of vehicle. It is open year round.
It is important to mention that the area next to the park is under study by the Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad (Costa Rican Electricity Institute). This is to determine the potential for electric generation with geothermic resources. From any point of view, this kind of energy produces the least impact on the natural surroundings.