SPORT FISHING ARENAL LAKE
Aventuras Arenal offers tours to catch & release fishing of the Rainbow Bass, the incredible fighter of the Arenal Lake (1).
- Besides, the lake is a very attractive place, from here it’s possible to see the Arenal Volcano with its impressive ash and lava eruptions.
- Our motorboats are equipped with gyratory boat seats, electric motors, radar, equipment for trolling and casting, expert guides and life jackets.
- The tour also includes sodas, water, natural drinks and fruits.
- Half Day tour can be in the morning or in the afternoon.
- Full day fishing trip is divided into five hours in the morning and three hours in the afternoon. It does include lunch.
- This tour operates with a maximum of two people per boat.
The majestic Lake Arenal near the famous Arenal Volcano is the largest in Costa Rica. We offer many activities all year round on and around it: windsurfing, fishing, boat tours, boat shortcut to the Monteverde Cloud Forest, kayaking, horseback riding & mountain biking along the shore, etc.
Lake Arenal was enlarged to 3 times it's original size to form a basin for the hydroelectric project that now produces 70% of Costa Rica's electricity with an area of 85.5km (33 sq. miles). Surrounded by rolling hills that are partly pastured and partly forested and dominated on the east side by the imposing perfect cone of Volcan Arenal.
The lake's other claim to fame is its rainbow bass sport fishing. These fighting fish are called by locals guapote and are large members of the cichlid family. Their sharp teeth and fighting nature make them a real challenge. Their meat is white & tasty.
Lake Arenal with it's unique combination of warm fresh water, steady and strong winds and spectacular scenery now enjoys a world class reputation amongst windsurfers and sailboarders.